Thursday, March 8, 2012

Celebrating the life of one of rap's greatest MC's - 'The Notorious B.I.G.'




Tomorrow, Friday, March 9, 2012 marks a date in hip hop history that fans, friends and family wish never occurred -- the murder of one of rap music's most 'illest' MC's, Christopher George Latore Wallace (aka:  The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie Smalls, Big Poppa, BIG, The Black Frank White). 

No one could ever know if Brooklyn's king rap singer was ready to die on that fateful night in Los Angeles, California in 1997, he probably wasn't, but during his short time living, B.I.G. did it BIG! He spit dope rhymes with a flow so sick, and a swagg so smoov -- he took New York, hip hop and, ultimately, popular culture by storm...like being hypnotized!


With 17 million units of certified sales, street credibility and raw rap game, MTV, and more importantly -- the streets and hip hop fans, consider Notorious B.I.G. 
to be one of the greatest MC's of all time. 

Already a bonafide hustler and freestyle bad-boy on the streets of Brooklyn, by the time C. Wallace laced the track with game, his delivery was fierce, fabulous and flawless! In 1995, two years before he was killed, The King MC was named Billboard magazine's best rap artist of the year for serving up platinum hits like 'One More Chance' featuring R&B songstress - Faith Evans.

No question about it, when this instantly "classic" cut hit the club(s) the ladies were grabbin' dudes' and headed to the dance floor to get their smoov groove and grind on! 

While the list of hits and raw spit well-defined the persona of The Notorious B.I.G., those who knew him best...personally, and even those who loved his music, will forever celebrate and cherish the incredible gift and memory of Christopher Wallace.











"It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up magazine. Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine. Hangin' pictures on my wall. Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl, I let my tape rock 'til my tape stopped..."  ~Notorious B.I.G.







Christopher Wallace - The Notorious B.I.G.
May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997








No comments:

Post a Comment