Saturday, April 21, 2012

DMX shows heart and soul for moms on 'Couples Therapy'


"Never once did she say she loved me"
It takes a real man to admit when he's been emotionally scarred, and it takes great courage to share his pain with the world. Rap star - DMX did just that recently on VH1's reality show - 'Couples Therapy'. 

Known for his hard 'thuggish-ruggish', bad to the bone [rap] flow and iconic 'dogg' style, when talking about his mother, DMX keeps it passionately "real". 


"I used to always turn to drugs when I was feeling a certain way and now that I’m not doing that, sometimes the pressure builds up, I’ll call [someone] and say, I just wanted to say ‘Mommy.’ I wanted to say that word. Mommy. Not ‘My mother,’ you know, I wanted to say mommy. I just wanted to talk to her. I haven’t talked to her in years and I just wanted to be able to say ‘Hi, mommy. I love you.’ Never once did she [say she loved me.] …. [crying] …. You know what, I think people lose sight of the fact that no matter how strong you are, as a man, no matter how tough you are, we  all need to be somebody’s baby."  --DMX


Way to 'man-up', X! And don't even trip on loved-1 for showin' some thug passion for his moms...who wouldn't? Even the hardest of hearts break down when it comes to something so essential to a healthy life - love from moms. And we all know dudes front like sh#t don't matter, but even the illest menace to society 
has a bleeding heart for the woman who gave him life. 

Many young fans, especially those who find themselves living in foster homes or childcare facilities, for instance, will be blessed by DMX's example. Too many of these youngsters sincerely believe that no one wants them, especially their mothers'. Confronting and sharing childhood trauma will no doubt help those who also feel the pain of love's absence. 

And above all, in spite of his ups-n-downs with the "industry", his career is [still] all-good, but never more important than confronting the source of his suffering.



"And judging from the show, DMX has rightfully acknowledged [the] turmoil and is clearing the way for better days and better ways. That's what's up." -T.F. Hodge


One love and keep shining, dogg!


 "I gotta make it out, or move quickly. Can't allow the past to restrict me, bet this time around they won't skip me. I am the last hope." --DMX



 


No comments:

Post a Comment